Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Country Living

Country living is a different way of life, that's for sure. I think it's a great place for a kid to grow up. I can let my son go off to play and not worry about him. It's not like that in many areas anymore. Some people are even afraid to let their kids out of their sight. While I didn't grow up in the country I did grow up in a city of under 30,000 people. I could go off and play all day, play in the woods behind the house, go play down at the fish pier and maybe even catch some fish, play baseball with the neighbor kids etc. I would play in the woods for hours sometimes even by myself and my imagination would run wild. I would wander all over that small city and even ride my bike to my grandparents house who lived in a nearby town. Now my son has a chance to grow up the same way. He can have that freedom that I had. He can play on all those acres of woods that make up the front yard. He can play down at the creek.
It's very peaceful here. In the morning, I walk down the driveway while my son goes to the bus stop. Even though it's peaceful there are so many sounds that you can hear if you just be still and listen. Birds, insects that make that strange humming noise, tree frogs. It sounds like I imagine a jungle would sound. There is always that noise in the background and somehow it is very calming. There are rabbits running around, deer in the woods (I haven't seen them but Russell and Alex saw the deer droppings) and there were even beavers at the creek. They built a dam and it had to be torn down because it messed up the neighbors road by caving in the creek bank.
I've seen those beautiful hawks circling above the woods behind the house. There is so much to see here if you just look and listen. Country Living. It's kind of nice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment