Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3:00 AM

I can't sleep. I worked late tonight and I did try to go to bed at 1 am but Russell is in there snoring and grinding his teeth so here I am. I have too many things on my mind.

A man came to my register today. I looked at him and I could feel his pain. I told him.....you look tired. He said no I'm not really. Then the told me....my house burnt down today. I expressed regret and asked him what happened. He said it was a short in his dryer. This made me realize that it does not take much to lose everything. It can all disappear in a cloud of smoke and fire. Things I worry about are so petty, so minor compared to this man losing everything he worked for. I do know that everything happens for a reason. It's not an act of God because the God I know is only good and does not ever do any harm. I hope this man soon finds some peace in his life.

Later on the very friendly Mom and daughter came into the store. They are the ones that I really enjoy talking to. The Mom has to ride one of those power chairs. The daughter is maybe 16 or 17 and so helpful to her Mom and very friendly to everyone. I don't know their names. But it does not matter. They brighten up my day every time I see them.

There are other things that have happened in the past couple of days and I will write about them soon. They are good things. They just deserve their own post. Maybe I will write that post tomorrow if I get a chance. Life has been busy and we are both tired yet here I sit unable to sleep. I'm going to try again to go to bed and go to sleep.
Peace and Blessings to y'all

2 comments:

  1. Hope you got some sleep afterwards.

    That poor guy... Hope he's got somewhere to go other than some sort of homeless shelter or something (family, good friends, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    How true it is that everything can change in the blink of an eye. I too believe that everything happens for a reason. I think if more people tried to be kind to others then it would surely be a better world.
    ttyl
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete