Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Wednesday Ramblings.

I am sitting in this nice, warm, cozy house feeling bad about the people who are not so lucky. Yesterday I went to the little grocery store down the road and the cashier was talking to the customer in front of me. She had to throw all her food away and had to stay in a hotel because she had no power. The cashier had to throw all the food  in her fridge away as well. From the sounds of it these people have been living in this state all their lives so I ask myself why they do not have a generator? A bad ice storm like this one hits every year or every other year so they should be prepared. There could be reasons they don't have one such as they don't have enough money. After this however I would not want to be without one. 

Yesterday, all the ice on the trees melted. Yup, in one day. It disappeared as fast as it came. All day long it crashed on the roof and on Russell's trailer which is next to the window where my computer is. I was worried that more tree branches were going to fall but only small ones did. Now we have quite a mess to clean up in the yard. I tried to walk out back to see what the damage was but could not go out there without icicles falling from the trees on my head!  The front yard is a mess as well. Russell parked in the grass in a different area than he normally parks and got stuck and now there are more trenches there. The whole front yard pretty much needs to be redone. I will be so glad when we get that driveway put in. What a difference it will make. 

I can't believe how fast January flew by. It really is like they say.....the older you get the faster time seems to go by. Don't blink....you might miss it. One day our kids are babies, the next they have babies of their own. You look back at the past and say...I wish I could change this or that but you know what? There's no reason to change a thing. You know you did the best you knew how to do at the time and everything in life happens for a reason. EVERYTHING. There are no mistakes. When we do wrong, we learn from it. Even if we don't realize it until years later. There's not point in looking back at the past with regret. It can't change anything at all. We knew exactly what we were in for before we came into this life just as we will in the next one.  


Here's something that has been on my mind. I feel like I had a horrible childhood. Abused, neglected and unloved. Well....my kids are going to have issues as well. But...so will their kids. There is no perfect life. No perfect parents, no perfect kids. All we can do in life is do the best we can. I like what Maya Angelou says.....When we know better, we do better. It makes so much sense to me. Life is a journey of learning. It all leads to enlightenment.....when we all finally remember who we are...part of the ONE.  I like to call it the Universal Energy and we are all part of it. There is no separation and there never will be.  Do you feel this oneness?

Peace to y'all.


5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you guys are thawing out!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think they'd have a generator by now, even if they took a few years to save up for one. It would be cheaper than throwing out all the food and staying at a hotel every time there's an ice storm like that, that's for sure!

    I agree. Everyone has issues with their childhood, or with something they regret - or wish they'd done differently - in their past. That's the way the cookie crumbles, as they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true! Everything happening for a reason--when we know better, we do better--a journey of learning...yup! yup! :):)

    I think especially when we have had a rough childhood that we want to try to be perfect parents. Never going to happen, right? But we can be better parents if we have that desire and we try. That is the choice. I think the worst sin is the giving up and giving in and losing hope. I think we are all here to keep trying--to keep learning. Life is a hard-earned, dreadful, glorious process. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indigo Incarnates

    There's lots to knock about Baltimore, but one good thing about this city is that the power plant is about two miles from our house. That means we have lost power only about three times in 8 years, and even then it was only for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are (or were) on the way to having mud.

    Things happen for a reason - but wouldn't you just want to know what the reason is... sometimes?

    ReplyDelete