Thursday, February 18, 2010

What's new?

Hmmm.....really not much is new. I don't blog so much anymore because I'm addicted to Facebook games. I had to recently cut down on that. It was taking way too much time. It is fun though talking to girls that I went to high school with. I had not heard from in years and now I can see daily what is going on in their lives. :)

Yesterday when I went home from work for lunch I dropped my cell phone in the bathroom sink! It started bringing up strange screens that I'd never seen before and was acting crazy. After awhile it seemed to start working again. But later in the day, it went dead. Russell came home and stuck his batter in it and charged it up and said it was now fine. Well today when I was at work I looked at it to check the time which I often do, and it was dead again. So after work I went to Verizon and got a super-cool new cell phone. I'm happy with the choice I made but the cost.....I feel guilty for paying so much. But I had my last phone for 2 years and will probably have this one for awhile so might as well get something I like.

Work has been much better. I actually like it now. Every day is a laugh with all the women (& one guy) there. I've figured out some short cuts that work for me and make things move along more quickly. We all get along well and work together and help each out whenever possible.
Yesterday management came to the bakery to tell us about the new recycling methods. Everything has to be separated in 4 trash barrels. Paper, plastic, trash and organics (food). The store already recycled cardboard and plastic but now they are doing even more. I think this is a great idea but it just takes some getting used to. Many products are boxed up for a food pantry who comes to pick up the stuff every week. This sure beats the old method of just throwing everything away. 

Well I hope y'all are doing well. I'll be blogging more now that I'm not stuck on FB all the time. Have a great evening! 
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying work more now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad your old phone died, but I bet it is nice to have a new one. And I am sooo glad to hear that your job is going so well now!! That's awesome!

    There are so many things that can suck up your time online--hehe! So true.

    I am still thinking about the chickens, cows, and pigs! :( And I haven't even seen the movie yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indigo Incarnates

    I know what you mean about phones. Doug and I each got iPhones back in September. They're not cheap, but they are the most useful phones we've ever used.

    I'm sort of a Newsvine junkie. I guess that's because I'm sort of an armchair quarterback when it comes to politics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, so glad to hear work is a happier place for you...we spend so much time there it needs to be a place that we are happy with. I think it is great that ya'll are recycling...we are a govt facility and I am appalled that we do not do recycling. I have been so busy trying to get things in order, but keep meaning to bring it up...it must have been brought up with management...can't imagine why they are not supporting it...

    Oh, and Facebook is so hard to pull back from...good luck...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have a get a new one every two years thing with Verizon.... my current phone is 5 years old and I like it - so I'm keeping it 'til it dies.

    ReplyDelete