Sunday, March 14, 2010

I forgot

about daylight savings time. Or I should say....I didn't even know it was today.  Every night I set my phone and it has 3 alarms. I set the 1st one for 2:45 and the other ones at intervals after that. I woke up on my own this morning and it was just before 2 am. So I told myself I was going to get a little more sleep. All too soon my alarm went off and I figured it was 2:45 and when I went to turn the alarm off noticed it was 3:30. :(  I couldn't figure out what was going on. I was disorientated cause I was tired. I looked at the clock on the wall and it said the old time. I woke up Russell and told him to check his phone but for some reason his did not change. Finally I got him to check the internet on his phone to see if it was daylight savings time. And it was .  So I had about 10 minutes to get ready for work. Good thing I only live a few minutes away. I only got to work a few minutes late. My dept. manager came in an hour late and so did another girl in the bakery. I had to text my dept manager to see where she was.  We all use our cell phones for alarms and while mine did change when it hit 2 am it automatically went to 3 am so of course my alarm did not go off at 2:45. Neither of theirs even changed times.  Other than that it was a good day. 

Check out my diet blog for a new post! Now that I'm on a new plan, I'll be updating it regularly.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot, too, but didn't have to be at work like you did. Sounds like you were lucky to only be a few minutes late. I find daylight savings time very disorienting and still can't understand why we do it at all. ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to remember when dailight savings time is here... It's always the last weekend in March and the last weekend in October that the clocks change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be nice if they would stop changing the date they change the time!!!

    Or stop changing it altogether.

    ReplyDelete