Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

It's my day off today so I've been doing a bit of cleaning and decorating as well. I hung some stuff on the wall in the living room, stuff that I already had and I think it looks pretty good. It makes the place look more like home.  I need to find a large mirror to hang over the fireplace but no luck with that one yet. And I need to get some picture frames to put on the mantle as well so we can put our kids pictures in them. I think it will look nice when I'm done. 


Today I stopped at Walgreens to pick up some hair color and a couple other things. I was surprised when the cashier took out a $3 coupon (the kind from the Sunday paper) and used it on my hair color. Now that is service! I asked her if she brings the coupons in and she said they all do. Awesome. :) I will surely be shopping there again.


Our elderly neighbor Menyoun (pronounced Men-yawn) is having troubles. I heard a loud pounding on her door the other day and I went out to see what was going on and it was her brother trying to get her to answer the door. He tried for about 45 mins and I tried as well.  We were worried because she is newly diagnosed diabetic and can't take her meds by herself. Adult protective services got involved awhile back and her kids tried to get her to move out and into a nursing home but she refuses. She's still driving around and they have followed her and she drives just fine but has bad memory problems. Anyhow we now have keys to her door in case she needs help and I go and check on her every now and then to make sure she's OK. I don't know how long it's going to last though before she gets so bad she can't take care of herself. It's all very sad and I feel bad for her and her family. 


I went out and cleaned up a bunch of branches in the yard yesterday from that bad storm we had. I was waiting for decent weather to do it. It was kinda chilly yesterday but I got the majority of it done and still need to go out there and rake. 


Our dishwasher sucks! It keeps leaving a white film on the dishes. I don't know what it's from. We have tried using less soap and I've used different types of soap but nothing helps. I think it's our hard water. We might just have to put a filter on it if we can find one that is for hot water. Anybody else ever have this problem?

Ok had to run out but now I'm back. Russell wanted me to bring him his checks so he could sign them and I put them in the bank for him. Then I talked to my daughter Kayla. I have some new pics of Mercedes on my  cell phone but can't find the right cord to download them just yet.  Hopefully I'll do that soon.


I lost 16 lbs so far. Not bad for just over a month. I'm going to be doing the Nutrisystem program soon. That will make it much easier for me to learn to cook vegetarian (with some seafood) while I'm on this program. 


Well that's about it for now. I hope y'all have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the work your doing in the house. I'm sure it will be wonderful when you're done. :)

    Glad you now have a key so you can keep an eye on your neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are making the place a home--and cleaning up the yard, too. Work that is nice when it's done. Hope your neighbor will be okay. Is she hard of hearing and couldn't hear the pounding on the door? I'm glad you have a key now.

    I worked at Walgreens in Minneapolis and we always had coupons right there for any of the items on the flyer and gave them to people who didn't know about them. They also had the flyers right inside the door, too, until they ran out. :)

    Congrats on the 16 pounds! You'll have to let us know how the Nutrisystem plan works. I thought that was pretty expensive and you had to buy their foods--like Jenny Craig? You're doing well on your own so far. I'll be interested to hear how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the diet success!

    And yes, my parents had the same trouble with their dishwasher and very hard water. I think my mom ended up always using powdered (the liquid stuff leaves residue) upper-end soaps like Cascade to more or less solve the problem.

    ReplyDelete