Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Clutter Busters

I think if a bomb went off in Russell's truck....or his office it wouldn't look any different than it does now. I threaten to clean his office and he just about has a heart attack. You'd think it was the end of the world. He said that last time I clean it, he could not find anything.  So I just work on organizing stuff around the rest of the house. 
Here is a before and after picture of a cabinet in the kitchen that I reorganized. Can you tell which is which? If you guess the correct one, you win a years supply of BEANO. haha If you need that, you are in trouble. 

My kitchen is really 70's looking.....maybe even 60's and it will be quite some time before we are able to do anything with it. So I decided to decorate it the way it is for now and I'm going to do it as inexpensively as possible. I took a calendar that had really pretty floral prints and $1 frames from Dollar General and put them above the little shelf thing that is on top of the kitchen cabinets. I think it looks kinda neat. I put 6 of them up there and may just go back and get two more frames since I still have plenty of room for 2 more.

Here are a couple of other things I've hung on the walls. It's stuff I had in SC but I finally  hung it up here. Nothing fancy or expensive, but stuff I like.  Here's an Angel with a place for a plant to hang. I'm going to replace this with a real plant.

Here are some candle holders on the wall (they are a lot larger than they look), a celtic cross and the first cross stitch picture I ever did. It's a gazebo in a garden.
Boy these pictures look crooked! The one of the left says Faith, Hope, Love and the one on the right says Believe, Dream , Imagine. That is a ceramic Angel in the middle. I did fix the crooked picture!
Here's a cross stitch I did when I was living in NM. It's a pic of some pottery and cactus's with mountains in the background. Don't look too close cause you will see the dust on it.
We are having some really great weather here. It's in the 80's. I think that starting Thursday, it's supposed to start raining for about 4 or 5 days so we may all float away. But at least the roof won't leak! 
We watched a movie yesterday called The Time Traveler's Wife. It was pretty good but kinda strange. This man kept getting thrown back in time and he had no control over it at all. Now the strange thing is that when he went to another time, where ever he ended up, he'd be completely nude. His clothes did not come with him. So, he  had to find some clothes to steal and most of the time, he had to break into someplace to get them. Along the way he met a woman and he'd visit her while he was various ages. He even went to visit her when she was a child. They ended up getting married and on their wedding night, he disappeared and was sent back in time. She later ended up getting pregnant but since the baby was a time traveler also, the baby kept trying to time travel and she'd have a miscarriage. So the man didn't want her to keep losing the baby so he got a vasectomy. Well she solved that problem. He time traveled to her when he was a much younger age, before the vasectomy, they did the deed and she got pregnant. All the while the older version of him was still there. 
It was kinda funny when she told him she was pregnant again. She said...well it's not cheating since it was you.  She did not lose the baby this time because she found out that if she remained totally calm and relaxed, the baby did not try to leave. I won't give away the ending. It really was a pretty good movie. Both Russell and I like time travel movies and watch them whenever we can find them. 


Well I think this is long enough. Hope y'all had a good day.
Peace

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy...love what you are doing with the place. I really want to see that movie! Enjoy the great weather while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I want to win a can of beano!!

    :)

    You did a really nice job with the flower calendar framed pictures... so crafty and so nice looking!

    That time travelers movie sounds confusing, I'd need a "scoredcard" LOL! I'd never know "when" when was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the different pieces you have put up on the walls. :) Feels so good to get things organized. Seems to be a constant battle with me. I finally get one area done and then another one needs tearing apart. :)

    I just saw that movie a little while ago. Was pretty good, but the book was better, as I recall. Read it a while back. Was such an interesting concept, tho. I am also fascinated by time travel stories. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decluttering is always a good idea. Of course, not letting the clutter happen is better, but that never seems to work. :(

    Anyway, that movie sounds interesting. I think I saw it advertised at some point not all that long ago...

    ReplyDelete