Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just Yesterday

Where has time gone? It seems like just yesterday that I was 10 years old, running in the woods behind the house I lived in....my vivid imagination creating stories where I could be anyone and do anything. It was just yesterday that I picking blueberries on a hot summer day. It was just yesterday that I was crafting clothes for my dolls and their make believe lives. It was just yesterday that I was fishing on the docks with a bamboo fishing pole in my hometown. It was just yesterday that I was a teen going to my first dance with my first boyfriend. It was an ROTC dance and I wore a floor length yellow dress and he gave me a matching yellow corsage with tiny roses....just yesterday. I was having a sleepover with my teenage girlfriend and telling ghost stories about the ghost that lived in her house, just yesterday. Yesterday I was a young mother holding my first baby in my arms, amazed by the thrill of bringing life into the world and terrified at the same time. It was just yesterday that I was at my daughter's highschool graduation. It was just yesterday that I was there for the childbirth for three of my grandchildren. It was just yesterday when I first kissed the man who I've been waiting my whole life to find. Where did time go? I'm still that wild young girl running in the woods. How can I be anyone else? The eternity of the soul goes on........forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment