Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Night

Well I'm still on Kayla's computer. Her computer is wacky. I can go on AOL but to read my mail I have to go onto the Mozilla browser. I think maybe she needs to reinstall AOL. I have my room set up now but I still got a ton of stuff to unpack. A lot of stuff I'm just putting in the garage. I finished all my painting. My computer is sitting on the desk but I need to get my son to plug it all in tomorrow. I don't know which plug goes where. And I can't unpack any of my books because I can't find the pins that go in the bookshelf to hold the shelves up.

My son is now enrolled in school. They don't have to wear uniforms like they used to but they do have to wear shirts with collars and they have to be certain colors. They can't wear any t-shirts and that is what he mainly likes to wear. I need to go thru his clothes tomorrow and see what he has that he can wear to school. I think he only has a couple of shirts with collars.

My daughter Kayla (age 20) watches the grandkiddies (her niece and nephews) every weekend since they don't live with their Mom and they are all here now. So there is never a dull moment around here. Kayla's bf is always here as well as other friends. So far I like all of the friends she has had over.

My friend George hit the nail on the head when he said that from my email he feels that I have a sense of displacement. I definitely do. I don't really feel like I have any connections to my hometown in MA where I grew up. There's nothing for me in SC now. Being here is still strange and I really don't feel like I belong here yet. Maybe it will come in time, I don't know. I need to get out and do stuff and have fun but I have not had time to do any of that yet.

I need to update some of the stuff on my blog. Maybe I'm not doing it yet because it will be a sort of a closure for me to remove it. I guess I'll do it when I'm ready. I feel like I'm still clinging to the past instead of moving forward. I know I need to put the past behind me but damn it...it's really hard to do. There are feelings there that I can't just quit having even though I wish they would just quit. Well I'm off here now, it's getting late and I'm going to watch a movie and answer a couple emails.
Y'all have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. *****HUGS***** I'm glad to hear you made it safely and are getting to connect with your grandkids. I hope you find your place in that community soon, so you don't feel displaced for too long.

    ReplyDelete