Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ponderings About LIfe

I'm sure at one time or another you have all asked yourself what is the purpose of life. Too many people I've known seem to think that life is all about what they can get. How much money can they get, how many expensive material possesions can they acquire and how fast can they climb up that ladder to success. I'm not saying that I don't like having nice things or that I would not like to have a higher paying job.
But to me, this is not what life is about.

Why are we here? I feel that we are here so we can do some good on this Earth and help some people along the way. I feel like I'm just going through the motions of life, not really accomplishing anything. My job is not a job that I would be happy with for any length of time. I need the type of job where I feel like I'm doing something useful.....doing something that makes a difference. The only time that I had a job where I felt that way was when I worked at an assisted living home. Maybe I should go back to doing that....I don't really know.

I also think that when we incarnate on this Earth there is a lesson to be learned. My patience is tested so frequently these days....at work and in my personal life and I wonder if this is what I'm supposed to learn this time around. I don't think I've accomplished this yet because I feel very restless. It's the type of restless you feel when you think you should be doing something but you can't quite figure out what it is. So you pray about it and hope for an answer. But sometimes the mind can be clouded by false thoughts that are not from our true self. It would be so easy if I can get a clear answer. But that's not how life is. Life is never easy and it's not meant to be. If we came here and just breezed through life without a problem or care in the world, then what would we learn from it? Absolutely nothing. Life is meant to be a challenge with lots of obstacles that we need to learn to overcome.

When the time comes to go home lets just hope that we can look back on our lives and see that we did the best that we could do and helped a few people along the way.
Blessings



2 comments:

  1. Great post. :)

    I like all my "things" but I could happily live without them if push came to shove. Money and possessions aren't the keys to happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigo Incarnates

    Now that I walk the path of the Goddess, I've been a lot less obsessed with materialism. My new car is a $15k Scion. I buy new clothes only when the old items have worn out.

    I've given up eating meat and I stopped boozing. So... life in the Goddess' walk is looking pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete