Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Posessed Vehicle!

I was driving home from work today and my van started acting *odd*. First the windshield wipers started going by themselves.....in a slow jerky motion. I had not turned them on but tried to turn them off but no.....they would not go off! Then all the gages on the dash started moving. The gas gage, the spedometer and the thingy that tells you how hot the car is. The gages were going up and down....up and down. That's not all. Then the lights started flashing....the battery lights, oil light etc. On and off...on and off. As if that was not enough the van started sputtering and I didn't think I would make it home. Luckily I took the road that only had one stop sign instead of the usual one I took that had more signs. I had to coast thru that stop sign and luckily there were no other cars coming. This was like something out of a movie and almost felt surreal. If I had power locks on my van I wonder if it would have locked me inside. I don't doubt it! This was the weirdest, craziest thing ever. I did finally make it home and as soon as I turned the van off the wipers very slowly went back down to their normal position when I turned it off. Then I tried to turn it back on and it didn't start at all.

I'd been having a problem for the past couple of weeks with the battery light going on. But Russell bought and installed a new battery me and they tested it at Auto Zone and they said it was fine. I told Russell that the light kept going on and he said don't worry....It's fine. Haha. Actually I was laughing all the way home because the whole thing was so funny! Russell said he's going to fix it tonight but it's probably a computer problem and I don't see how he can. :(

Peace to y'all.

6 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with my van a number of years ago! All the gauges going up and down. Unfortunately, I was with the girls in AZ in the hot summer! We got started again with the help of AAA and limped to he Sears store for a new battery.

    They told me that in hot climates like AZ a battery will only last about two years, so there is no point in buying a battery designed to last longer than that!

    Glad you made it home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O i am so sorry :(

    http://kaylee2.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indigo Incarnates

    My old car was a Civic Hybrid that was (unfortunately) a victim of very early hybrid engineering. At 137,000 miles, the IMA battery, AC, and catalytic converter all died at the same time. The hybrid battery is about $3,000 and a CAT for that car is $2,100. I didn't bother pricing out the air conditioning. Needless to say, I didn't sink $5k into a 6 year old, fully-depreciated vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *grin* Glad your "possessed" car didn't scare ya or cause major problems.

    Hope you're having a fantastic weekend, Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete