Monday, August 25, 2008

Times To Remember and other Stuff

August 17 a year ago, I started this blog. I had totally forgotten the date I started and I had to look back. When I first started I had one of those generic looking blogs and have done lots of updating and adding lots of things since then. Blogging has been fun and I've met some neat fellow bloggers. I wish more people would comment though, I don't bite. ;)

August 23 makes 4 years now that I've been with Russell. I met him in 2003 online and we got together about 8 months later. It's been challenging and difficult at times but we've had plenty of great times also. It has been a learning experience as well and I'm still learning in this relationship. I have no regrets and if I had it to do over again, I would make the same choice in a partner. Mere words can't even justify the way I feel about him and this relationship.

Today I was watching something on one of the morning talk shows and they were talking about birth order and how it can affect your relationships. Russell and I are both oldest children and they said that the oldest always want to be in control. This actually makes a lot of sense and I see this in our relationship. We both want to be in control and both be right! Sometimes I ask myself .....do I want to be right or do I want to be happy? I think it's more important to meet in the middle. What do you think?

For Shirla
You wanted the recipe for the chicken enchiladas. I don't really use a recipe. I cooked up some chicken breasts....I used 4 large ones. I just poached it in some water and added in a little garlic powder and cooked it just until it was no longer pink. Then I shredded it. I sauteed about a half of a chopped onion as well and threw that in. Then I took corn tortillas and cooked them in a little oil just for a few seconds on each side. Then I took the chicken and rolled it in the tortillas. Then I took two cans of enchilada sauce (one large and one small) and put a thin layer on the bottom of the pan. Then I placed all the rolled enchiladas in the pan. I put more sauce on top and then topped that with Mexican cheese. I cooked it for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Then I covered it with foil and cooked it another 15 minutes. I had some sauce left which I used when we reheated the leftovers. I used red chili sauce but you can also use green chili if that is what you prefer. Also...you can top this with a can of chopped green chilis. I forgot to buy them when I bought the ingredients for them so I didn't use them. It all depends on how hot you like it. You can use mild red sauce if you don't like it too hot. These came out really good. I have a different enchilada recipe on my Family recipe page that is really good too, but it's layered and not rolled. Enjoy!

I'm off work today so I'm not doing much. I've got laundry and cleaning to do but I'm not very motivated to do it yet. I went back to sleep after Russell left early this morning and I think I needed that extra sleep. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping lately. My hormones are out of control and I have ridiculous mood swings at times. I think I even had a few hot flashes. Uggghhh. I'm going on a program that includes taking vitamins and herbs to get this all under control. I'm pretty confident that it will work. Gotta keep that positive attitude you know.

Well that's about it. I hope y'all have a wonderful day. Peace to you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated bloggerversary. :)

    I'm glad things worked out so well for you and russel... I met my hubby online. We've now been married for over 5 years.

    All relationships have their ups and downs. The key to success in those relationships is to be there for one another during the bad times as well as the good times... I'm glad you and Russel seem to have achieved that... Too many people seporate at the first sign of problems and/or arguments nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe. :) I'm going to add the ingredients to my shopping list and try to make them next week.

    ReplyDelete