Monday, December 8, 2008


Be very careful about what type of dishes you put in your microwave. I came home from work at lunchtime today and had a little *incident*. I put some food on a plate to cook and then went in the living room. I heard some sizzling but didn't really think much of it. A little bit later when the timer went off I went to take the food out and noticed a weird smell in the kitchen. I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I opened the microwave and a wave of fumes hit me. It was really bad! I noticed later the plate (which I bought at Walmart) was all bubbled and had cracks in it. Then I had to go back to work and I got a really bad headache and it felt like my eyes were burning. It was like I had this headache behind my eyes if that makes any sense. After about 2 hours I started to feel better. I've never had anything like this happen to me with the microwave before. So just be careful about what you put in there.
I came home last night and Russell cooked me dinner. It was pork chops (see I told you this was a typical meal for him to cook), these fried potatoes he makes with spices and green beans. Everything was really good and I was glad I did not have to cook. Tonight I'm making chicken breasts on the George Foreman grill, sweet potatoes and a veggie.
I'm off for the next three days. Yayyyyy! I have 4 long days this week and 3 off. I would not mind if my schedule was like this every week. I would not mind a bit cause I still get the same number of hours. I don't know yet what I'm going to do for the next 3 days. Maybe I'll be lazy and just relax and sleep late in the mornings. Russell is off the next 2 days.

Well that's it for now.


  1. You're lucky that's all that happened. I had a bowl that exploded in the microwave once. It was kinda messy!

    Enjoy your free days! :)

  2. Wow! Did the plate say anything on it like microwave safe?? If it did, I'd certainly take it back and warn management!

    We had a set of ceramic dishes that we had used for quite some time. I stopped putting the mugs in the microwave because the handles were hollow and got really hot! One day DD heated up some soup in a bowl. When she took it out and set it on the counter, it exploded! Broken bowl and hot soup everywhere! Thankfully, she wasn't hurt, but those dishes were history!!

  3. have a fun on your days off! I have an award for you

  4. Hi Dear,

    I think probably dont know me but i am Angel's sister. Life is a gift from GOd blog. I just want to say thank you for supporting her. Its very hard time for her. Thanks for praying for us.

    God bless you

  5. I'm glad you are okay - I've never had anything like that happen to me with a microwave.

    Enjoy your days off!!! I'm envious :)

  6. Now that works out great for you & Russell to have some days off together!
    Is that plate made in China...I am glad something worse didn't happen with that situation! Styrofoam doesn't like the micro either! lol

  7. Wal-mart? You probably melted all that lead paint off your dish. I'll bet the plate was made in China.