Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Glass of Chlorine Anyone?

That's what it would taste like if I were to drink a glass of water today. I got up really early to take some excedrin because I could feel a migraine coming on. Luckily I caught it in time. I had no bottled water and had to drink tap water. The chlorine smell was horrible! So then a little while ago, I went to the store down the street to get some bottled water because there was no way I was going to drink coffee made with that water. I came home and the whole house smelled like chlorine because I was washing some of Russell's work clothes that he had soaking. I wonder to myself if eventually that water will fade out the clothes.

One good thing about going to the store was I noticed that coffee was only $5.99 and they had the French roast one that I like. I didn't notice it was a limit one deal. The girl at the register let me ring them up in two transactions so I could get two. Yayyyy! I think that was a good deal. I also got some blueberries and sausage and I'm going to make some pancakes in a bit and then tell Russell to get his butt out of bed. We are both off today.

It's been so warm here. I love it! I have not had the heat on since yesterday morning and it's 71 degrees in here. I can totally live with the few cold days we have when we have such awesome days like this one....and lots of them.

I mentioned before that I had problems with my shoulder that I thought was a pinched nerve. Well I've had it for a couple of years but pretty much learned to live with it. I have noticed that since I started painting that my shoulder is about 75 % better. As the matter of fact, I barely notice it at all. The arm that I paint with is the one that used to hurt. I wonder if the nerve is back where it should be with all the raising of my arm I have done while painting. Weird huh? But true.

I went to Walmart last night and bought a couple of dvd's. I got The Eye for Russell cause he's into horror type movies. I got Maid in Manhattan for me. The Eye was really good. It was about a woman who had cornea trasplants and was affected by cell memory from the person who was her donor and she saw all sorts of scary stuff. The other movie was a cheap $5 one and I'd seen it before but both Russell and I like it. You probably all heard of that one.

This is my award from Iggy at http://intenseguy.blogspot.com
I am passing it on to Lisa at : http://colorsoutsidethelines.blogspot.com
Shirla at: http://shirlaslife.blogspot.com
Velvet Ginger at:http://velvetginger-somewhereovertherainbow.blogspot.com
Dana at :http://avereenie.blogspot.com
Dragngrl at: http://creativeselfbelief.blogspot.com
Tori already has it so I can't pass it on to her. :)

All these blogs have had warm fuzzy posts at one time or another. They are about everyday life and that's what I enjoy reading about the most.

Well that's it for now. I'm off to make my man some breakfast. Y'all have a good day.
Peace

8 comments:

  1. Yes, chlorine will eventually fade the colour on the clothes. I'm one of those people who wont wear a swimming costume without a t-shirt over it, and the t-shirt I wore when I used to go swimming with my Mam started off a nice bright red, but within a few weeks of being dunked in chlorine almost every morning it was fading. Within a couple of months it was more of a pinky colour.

    Congrats on your award. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I love the award. And I will take 2 pancakes and 2 sausages. Just go ahead and overnight them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your head is tons better. You are not the only one who has foul-smelling water!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indigo Incarnates

    It was really nice today in Baltimore too. It's nice having a bright, sunny, warm day here and there :)

    I'm glad that painting has helped your shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a sweet award! Thank you, Barbara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're probably building up muscle in your shoulder with all the painting. Shoulders are weird...lots of moving parts. Glad it's feeling better.

    Wow, everybody's had great weather lately.

    water - Florida has some weird tasting water. Tastes like rust. Not that I know what rust tastes like.

    I wants me some blueberry pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wrong with the water there that they have to make it taste so bad. My tap water is delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Barb, you are a sweet-heart...

    I can't deal with drinking tap water either. I have had a water cooler in the house for the past three years because of it.

    ReplyDelete