Sunday, March 15, 2009

There really hasn't been much to blog about this past week. Just work, work, work. This is the second time in about a month that they have had me working 8 days in a row before I get a day off. This has started since a different assistant manager started doing the schedules. I'm going to bring it up at the cashiers meeting which is this week.

There is an apartment house with 4 apartments next to this house we rent and that is also owned by the same landlord that we rent from. Somebody went into one of the units yesterday and took a refrigerator, freezer and a bunch of other stuff. They came in the daytime with two trucks because the downstairs neighbors saw them. They had the police over there last night and I guess they know who did it from the description the neighbors gave. I hope they get their stuff back the the people that did it go to jail. Then in the other apartment that is also upstairs, Russell saw a man very early yesterday morning going in there. It's empty and nobody lives there and he told the man that. The man said he lived there and his rent was paid up until Saturday. Russell said... It is Saturday. The man then said....I mean Sunday. What an idiot. That place has been empty for awhile, the tenants bailed out without paying their rent and in the meantime, this guy had been sneaking in there at night and staying there. Russell changed the lock last night. Then we went in there and cleaned the place. It didn't take very long because he'd already hauled off the tons of trash they left there.

We have our cable Internet now and it works so much better. I don't have to wait forever to bring up my mail or to look at blogs. Before I'd try to go to blogs and leave a comment and it would always time out and my comment would be gone and I'd have to start over. It was very frustrating. And this cable Internet is about $20 cheaper so it works out good.

Well that's all for now. I hope y'all have a wonderful Sunday.
Blessings.

7 comments:

  1. interesting blog! greetings from scandinavia, sarah sofia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get someone to sort out the scheduling better from now on. Working 8 days without a day off must be very tiring.

    *Shaking head* Some people just have no decency... I hope they can get the stuff back easily.

    And, I hope the lock being changed stops that guy from getting back in the other place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please be careful with those people "haunting" your empty apartments. They could get violent or nasty if backed into a corner.

    I never understoof why people think "trespassing" is okay. Its against the law (not that they ever enforce it until someone gets hurt instead of before someone gets hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cable internet is awesome..I had DSL for years, but have cable now. Just can't get my router working right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indigo Incarnates

    That reminds me of the bad old days when I also worked retail. I'd have called my boss a slave driver but he worked even more hours than I did! And I worked a LOT. Aaiieeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats creepy about the man sleeping in a unit. Be careful when you go to clena all alone

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont like my smile, I have perfect teeth but an open tooth smile does not suit me. I show my smile in my eyes:)

    ReplyDelete