Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Pocket full of change.

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work, something told me to grab that change on my dresser. I don't really need it cause I carry my debit card with me. When I was working yesterday I overheard a conversation. An old woman told the cake decorating lady that she wished she could have a donut. The cake lady said ....they are over there....and pointed to them. The old lady said I don't have any money and I'm hungry. :( The cake lady told her she didn't have any either because she just started working there and was waiting for her first check. The old lady started to walk away. Something told me to give her the change I had, so I did. I took her over to the pastry case and got a donut for her. She was very grateful. I was glad that I listened to that inner voice that we all have because I don't listen to it often enough. Do something for somebody today. Hold open a door, give them a smile or just say hello. What if everyone did just one good thing each day? Can you imagine what a difference it would make in the world?

5 comments:

  1. This just reconfirms what a gem you are and how powerful your angels are too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Random acts of kindness--yes!! Wouldn't the world be a better place if there were more people like you in it!! Wonderful thing for you to do!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful thing to do....It reminds me of something I read a few days ago in my *The Secret Calendar*.."The intense feeling of gratitude is the feeling you want to reproduce as many times a day as you can".

    and I am just betting that this feeling of gratitude came across both of you!!

    Blessings from MN


    Reba~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a blessed soul. I don't often have any cash money with me either...but it just happens when I do I often get asked for change by down and outs on my way home from work on the train...always glad when I have it with me and can give it...it is just a little bit, but hopefully it helps them out.

    ReplyDelete