Monday, April 5, 2010

Peaceful Days

After a week where Russell worked over 80 hours he finally got off Saturday afternoon and was off all day Sunday and didn't have to go back to work until this morning. It was wonderful to finally spend some time together aside from talking on the phone.  We watched a couple of movies and just relaxed the rest of the time. The picture below is what I cooked last night. It's not your typical Easter dinner of ham. I cooked shrimp in Japanese Panko breadcrumbs, spinach stuffed shells, fresh green beans and garlic toast. Yumm!  I also made chocolate truffles. Those are super yummy but fattening. I think it's been about 5 years since I last made them and it's a good thing cause they are probably super fattening and I can't stop eating them. Don't they say chocolate is healthy? ;)

4 comments:

  1. The food looks yummy! I'm sure Russell was happy for some time off and for some nice home cooked yummies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Russel was glad of that time off to spend with you. I bet he loved having the home cooked meal too... Especially the truffles. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! Glad you two got some down time alone together. Well deserved. Sounds wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had fish tacos...I just don't get that there is a such thing as an "easter dinner" and Easter does not mean the same to me as most Christians. You know...

    ReplyDelete