Saturday, February 25, 2012

My Need To Simplify

I have to face it. I have too much stuff. Despite the fact that Russell took all the furniture and appliances, I still have too many material possessions. I have a lot of things that I look at in this way.....some day I will use them. I have kitchen gadgets that I have not used in more than 8 years. I have kitchen gadgets that I bought and never, ever used. I have books that I will never read again. I have many craft items that I always say I will complete or make, but I never do. So over the next week I am going to either give much of it away or donate it. It might be difficult but it is something I need to do. I am going to be moving into a one bedroom apartment in Massachusetts and I don't like clutter. So it only makes sense to just do it and get it over with. I am so ready to do this.

5 comments:

  1. As my hubs and I are entering the stage of grandparenthood and semi-retirement, we just signed our big house over to our son and his family and we rented a small apartment on the river...my husband's dream retirement home!

    We are all about simplifying! I had such fun purging things for our move...but still as we are in the process, I wish I would have purged more!

    You will feel great getting rid of all that clutter...for me it was always a cluttered space gave me a cluttered mind!

    Good luck on your new journey.

    Light and love,
    Lavender
    aka The Simplified Witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb - I've been catching up on your posts and am so sorry for all you have been through in the recent months. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you heal and move forward ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decluttering is always a good thing, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful idea. I do this every so many years and it always feels really good to declutter and give away things you haven't used for over five years. I am due again here pretty soon. I did it about three years ago or so--can't remember. I would love to hit the garage this summer. Trouble is, I need help for that because I can't lift so you know who will have to make it over to help me--LOL! This is the perfect time to simplify--yes! yes! Have fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those material things somehow have attachments to you? What are you hanging on for... were they expensive or do think for some reason, "Ah, I know I will need that left handed green apple pearer gizmo tomorrow"?

    ReplyDelete