Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I sure do miss those 80 degree days we had less than a month ago. I'm freezing my butt off here and I don't tolerate the cold weather too well. While SC isn't too bad weather wise the humidity in the air makes it feel so much colder than when I lived in NM.

I had an unfortunate bleach *accident* today while doing laundry. I dropped the bleach bottle on a floor mat (long carpet runner thing) and the cover came off and it spilled all over it. I grabbed it and threw it in the washing machine. Strangely it did not even get bleached out. But then I noticed that it had splashed on a couple of my son's shirts that I had hanging there in the laundry area and those were totally ruined. Note to myself...make sure the bleach bottle cover is on tight. Jeeze.

The past couple of days have been kinda miserable and hopefully the rest of the week will be better because that's not really a good way to start the new year. I'm also hoping that 2008 will be a better one than 2007. Inner peace is what I need and less stress in my life.



3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the bleach incident, Barb! Been there, done that! Maybe you can do something creative to cover the splashes on the shirts... a little refashioning for the new year!

    It is colder than a well digger's *ss here in TN. 19 when I got up today and windy. DH and I cut up an old downed cedar tree yesterday, and Not Quite Grown's boyfriend split it for me today. Tomorrow, the tree man is coming to take down and enormous oak tree that died with all the trenching for power. He is going to cut it into fireplace lengths and then the BF can split that too!

    Hey, I'm not going to waste free labor! I could probably charge the boy and he'd pay for the opportunity!

    At least I will have firewood to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a warm weather person myself. I can do without the cold stuff. About a week is all I can stand. I am freezing right now and can't seem to warm up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes!!!! Sorry to hear about the bleaching accident, as well!!!! Goodness knows how expensive new clothes can be for kids!!!!

    Hope the weather takes a turn for the warmer, for ya, and that you start feeling better quickly!!!!

    ReplyDelete