Thursday, February 28, 2008

No More Procrastination (update)

Well I got myself motivated today. Previously I had pretty much looked for jobs online and did some interviews. I decided to go out and just drive around and look. First though I decided to stop at my old job and stop and and say hi to my old boss. She was surprised to see me, that's for sure. We chatted for a long while. She said she'd give me some hours there to work. It's at an assisted living home. So I had Joseph with me and we left there and I drove around to look for hiring signs. The first one I saw was for Merry Maids. I decided to go in and get an application. She told me I'd have to watch a 20 min video first so I brought the grandkiddie home and went back and watched it and filled out the application. Then she did a short interview. Then she said I could start on Monday. She said they would do the background check later but I'm not worried about that. There are a few good things about this job. You can work as much or as little as you want. The hours are between 8 and 4:30, Monday to Friday. The office is just a few minutes down the road from where I'm living. You work in pairs, not by yourself. They pay you for mileage. So I can still go to church which I'm very happy about. I don't have to wear any weird uniform either. Just Khaki pants which I have and they provide us with two blue shirts. I am so relieved to have a job (plus the hours at the nursing home) and now I don't have to look anymore. I'm relieved that I only had to go to one place to apply. I really dislike job hunting. Now I can save up money to do what I need to do.
Well that's my update for today.
Blessing all.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a well-written post. *applause* I agree with you about the need to stop procrastination. I've found help at http://www.stop-procrastination.org and that website has a variety of ways to stop procrastination. I've tried and i can already see an improvement in my condition. should try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a well-written post. *applause* I agree with you about the need to stop procrastination. I've found help at http://www.stop-procrastination.org and that website has a variety of ways to stop procrastination. I've tried and i can already see an improvement in my condition. should try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting some jobs!! That is great! Now you can stop worrying about *getting* a job... one less thing!

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete