Monday's Meme For Wiser Folk.
I'm borrowing this from Jane's Blog at http://www.imdowntown.net because I enjoyed reading her answers. My answers are probably a lot more dull than hers. ;)
1. What bill do you hate paying the most? Well up until about a week ago it was my car insurance because that was the biggest bill I had to pay. Now that it's lowered considerably it's not so bad.
2. Do you miss being a child? No, I prefer the age I'm at now but I sure would like to have that body I had as a teen. Gravity has take it's toll. You young chicks on here.....good thing you don't know what you're in for.
3. Chore you hate the most? Dusting....The gigantic, mutating dust bunnies and the 2 inch thick layer of dust on everything will attest to that. OK, so I'm exaggerating a bit. My favorite chore is one I did this morning. I captured a big furry spider that was on the ceiling by trapping it in a jar while Russell looked on.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? At home last night. I came home from work to a home cooked meal.
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? Nothing. Everything I've gone through, no matter how difficult is part of who I now am.
6. Name of your first grade teacher? Miss Looney. No kidding, that was really her name until she got married during the school year. I don't remember her married name.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now? Going on a cruise to Alaska. Then I'd just have to pop in to visit Kati. :)
8. What did you want to be when you grew up? A sewage plant worker or a garbage truck driver. Can you imagine that?
9. How many colleges did you attend? None as of yet.10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? Who says I'm wearing a shirt? Who says I'm wearing anything?
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices? On one hand I'm hoping they remain steady, on the other I hope they rise a bit so that Russell job is not in jeopardy.12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? Well it was 4 am. So my thought was is it morning already? Russell had to go in early so I got up to bring him coffee and then went back to bed.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? hmmmm I better not mention those thoughts.
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? The Dalai Lama15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? Not so much crashed it as bumped it hard. That's why I was dreading my car insurance bill.
16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer? Yes, I'd volunteer with the elderly. If that didn't work out I'd volunteer as a midget clown riding a tricycle and travel the country with the circus.
17. Get up early or sleep in?Got up early but then got to sleep in. Till 9 am anyhow. That's late for me.
18. What is your favorite cartoon character? Lucy on Charlie Brown. I love her determination and stubbornness.20. When did you first start feeling old? The day I had my first child ! OK I'm just kidding. Am I supposed to feel old?
21. Favorite lunch meat? Mesquite turkey. Yummy.
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart? There is nothing that I get every time I go to Wal-Mart. I work there but I prefer to shop mostly at the smaller stores here.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Not sure. I'd have to think about this one. It has it's good points and bad points.
24. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about? Peggy Sue Got Married. It's corny as h*ll but I still love it. And Nicholas Cage is in it.
25. What’s your favorite drink?It used to be diet coke. Now it's coffee. I gave up one addiction for another.
26. Who from high school would you like to run in to? My friend Tracey. I'd like to hear what's been going on in her life.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? Kiss....I love this station but it's funny because the Kiss station in SC totally sucked.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? I have to admit, I have never seen either of those shows and have no desire to.29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? Yes. I would have been more trusting of men in general unless they gave me reason to think otherwise.
30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work? Nobody sits across from me because I'm on a register. I do have to say that there is not really one other cashier that I don't like.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?Nope.
32. Last book you finished reading? I read many spiritual or inspirational books but those are more for studying. Last book I read for fun was the 3rd book in the Nora Roberts trilogy of Seven.
Daily Thoughts and Happenings
It's still raining on and off so I have not had the opportunity to get back out and dig in the yard. I wanted to get it done by Thursday because that's when I get my paycheck and I want to buy my plants and get them put in. Hopefully it will let up so I can do what I need to do.
I've been continuing with my exercise. I had a problem with my Total Gym squeaking really loud when I tried to do my leg exercises. Russell told me it was the roller part and in my book it said you can only oil the axle parts. So today I oiled all that and found out what was really squeaking was the new part I ordered from the company that makes the improved parts for the Total Gym and that was the problem. I'm assuming it was because it was new. It's working perfect now. My recumbent bike was squeaking too and I fixed that as well. So am I a Ms. Fix-it or what?
Comments from previous post.
Donetta: I'm glad I could be of some inspiration to you. The link was on my blog but I found out it was not working. The link is www.thesecret.tv. There are lots of stories on the about how The Secret has changed so many lives.
Jane: Nice to see ya. :)
Lisa in TN: That sounds good. I didn't even think of basil. I'll put it on my list.
Lisa in MA: Thank you. Life long friends like you don't come along very often and I'm grateful for our friendship as well.
Tori: I just love your gratitude list. Parts of it made me feel very emotional.
Intense Guy: Thank you very much. That means a lot to me that you would say that.
Outrageous: I did not publish your comment because you don't have a blog I can check out. When I do get a comment where someone just has a profile with Blogger but no blog (and I don't know them) I do not publish them. I do however want to say that your comment gave me a good laugh!
I think I may have accidentally deleted a comment. I don't remember whose it was and If I did, sorry about that.
Y'all have a happy day.