Friday, May 7, 2010

Thursday

We have another new person in the bakery at work. This is an older woman and she's going to be doing bread so now there are two people to do it. They will take turns doing it and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get some extra help now. Anyhow....this woman is a tiny  (way shorter than me and I'm 5'3").  She must be about 4'7" or so and she is from the Philippines. Well finally we have a good worker! The young girl we got is proving to be somewhat lazy, takes very long breaks and tries to get others to do her work so I don't know how long she will last. 


The bathroom is almost done as far as the construction parts anyhow. The sink needs to still be put in but we want to paint it first. We might be going to pick out some paint today. I'm going over to our storage place and see if I can find the bathroom stuff that I had in SC and maybe use some of that. It has dragonflies on it and I like that type of stuff. 


Friday
I got delayed in writing my post yesterday. I went to storage and Russell met me there to look for the bathroom stuff and it was nowhere to be found. Then we thought it might be here in the house but if it was, it would be in the extra bedroom. It was not in there either. I've seen it since we were here in OK so I don't know why we can't find it now. I am disappointed that we can't find it. I'd hate to have to buy new but that may be what we end up doing. I might look some more today but don't know where else to look.


We've had some pretty hot weather. Yesterday it was 93 degrees later in the day and it was really  hard not to put the AC on. Today is really nice and breezy though so I have quite a few windows open and the house feels great. We are running fans and ceiling fans right now. At least this year we are having a spring instead of it seeming like it went from winter to summer.  


Russell has started cutting grass at the properties he does and he's already had to do them all twice. He's trying to get caught up with his repairs at the rental places he takes care of but still has a few to do. He got really far behind when he had that stretch where he was working nonstop. Well now they have 4 drivers at his work so it's gotten back to a more normal pace. I sure am happy about that. 


I hope y'all have had a good week. :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad at least one of the new workers seems to be willing to do her fair share.

    Glad the bathroom is coming together too.

    ReplyDelete